Disclaimer: The content on this website may not be accurate as the domain is not with its previous owner. For updated and accurate content, kindly refer to rilab.ucdavis.edu
The Ross-Ibarra lab website has moved to rilab.ucdavis.edu. This domain is currently available for purchase.
Current R-I Lab members
Please read more information on joining the lab
Elli is a plant biology graduate student coadvised by Dan Kliebenstein, working on the evolution of gene networks.
Dan is a postdoctoral scholar who studies adaptive introgression and local adaptation in maize landraces as part of the HiLo project.
Sarah is a NSF postdoctoral fellow and the Linnean Fellow of Oleraceous Genetics. She works on the population and quantitative genetics of Brassica.
Ashley is a Biochemistry major, currently working on using machine learning methods to identify deleterious alleles in maize.
Nate is a plant sciences major working on thermogenesis and germination in highland maize.
Sean is an undergraduate working on background selection in maize.
Sarah is a plant biology graduate student coadvised by Dan Runcie, working on evolutionary and statistical genetics in maize.
Taylor is our Lab Czar, managing the wetlab side of our research. He was previously at U. Tennessee where he earned a MS in Environmental Science working on chestnuts.
Alyssa is a Plant Biology graduate student working on environmental adaptation in big blue stem as part of the PanAnd project.
Cathy is a postdoctoral scholar working on the genomics and quantitative genetics of recombination rate variation in maize and teosinte as part of the maize diversity project.
Silas is a postdoc and the lab’s current Felix Andrews Statistical Fellow, working on approaches to study convergent evolution as part of the PanAnd project.
- Dianne Velasco PhD Student 2010-2019 (USDA-ARS National Clonal Germplasm Repository)
- Li Wang: Postdoc 2018-2019 (Research Scientist, Agricultural Genomics Institute Shenzhen)
- Markus Stetter: Postdoc 2017-2019 (Asst. Group Leader, U. Köln)
- Wnebin Mei: Postdoc 2016-2018 (Scientist at Inari Agriculture)
- Anne Lorant: Lab manager, PhD student, postdoc 2013-2018 (Postdoc, UC Davis)
- Emily Josephs: Postdoc 2015-2018 (Asst. Professor, MSU)
- Luis Avila: Programmer 2016-2018 (IT Breeding Tool Project Leader, HM Clause)
- Anna O’Brien: PhD Student 2011-2017 (Postdoc, U. Toronto)
- Jinliang Yang: Postdoc 2014-2017 (Assistant Professor, U. Nebraska)
- Josh Hough: Postdoc 2016-2017
- Paul Bilinski: PhD Student 2010-2016 (Associate Professor, West Shore Community College)
- Simon Renny-Byfield: Postdoc 2014-2016 (Research Scientist, Dupont Pioneer)
- Kate Crosby: Postdoc 2014-2015 (Research Scientist, Monsanto)
- Sayuri Tsukahara: Postdoc 2013-2015
- Tim Beissinger: Postdoc 2014-2015 (Professor, U. Göttingen)
- Arun Durvasula: Undergraduate 2013-2015 (PhD Student, UCLA)
- Nivaz Brar: Undergraduate 2014-2015
- Chris Fiscus: Undergraduate 2014 (PhD Student, UC Riverside)
- Tyler Kent: Undergraduate 2013-2015 (PhD Student, U. Toronto)
- Vince Buffalo: Computational Biologist 2013-2014 (PhD Student, UC Davis)
- Sofiane Mezmouk: Postdoc 2012-2014 (Research Scientist, KWS)
- Shohei Takuno: Postdoc 2012-2013 (Asst. Professor, SOKENDAI)
- Matthew Hufford: Postdoc 2010-2013 (Assoc. Professor, Iowa State)
- Tanja Pyhäjärvi: Postdoc 2010-2012 (Sr. Research Fellow, U. Oulu)
- Joost van Heerwaarden: Postdoc 2009-2011 (Researcher, U. Wageningen)
Visiting Scholar: for >100 hours of scholastic visitation
Evolution of Incompatibility Loci in Maize and Teosinte
Quantitative Genetics of Genotype x Environment Interaction
Evolutionary Genetics of Transposable Elements
Dynamics of quantitative trait evolution and linked selection
Convergent Evolution in the Andropogoneae
Biology of rare alleles in maize and teosinte
- Ed Buckler
- Peter Bradbury
- John Doebley
- Sherry Flint-Garcia
- Jim Holland
- Matthew Hufford
- Qi Sun
- Doreen Ware
Evolutionary genetics of highland adaptation in maize